Stay in a specific room and away from other people and pets in your home as much as possible. Use a separate bathroom, if available.
Avoid sharing personal items with other people in your household, like dishes, towels, and bedding.
Take everyday actions to prevent the spread of germs.
- Clean your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, or an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol.
- Cover your cough/sneeze.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
Clean all surfaces that are touched often like counters, tabletops, and doorknobs. Use household cleaning products according to the label instructions.
Have your household members monitor themselves for symptoms. People who live with someone who has COVID-19 are required (per NAC 441A.280) to maintain quarantine (stay home and away from others) for 7-10 days. Click here for more information.
If anyone develops symptoms of COVID-19 they must immediately self-isolate and get tested.
- Fever or chills
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Muscle or body aches
- New loss of taste or smell
- Sore throat
- Congestion or runny nose
- Nausea or vomiting
If you or someone else has severe symptoms, seek emergency medical care immediately. Severe symptoms can include:
- Trouble breathing
- Persistent pain or pressure in the chest
- New confusion
- Inability to wake or stay awake
- Bluish lips or face
*This list is not all possible symptoms. Please call your medical provider for any other symptoms that are severe or concerning to you.