The Southern Nevada Health District and Regional Transportation Commission of Southern Nevada (RTC) are working together to assist people in our communities who may have transportation issues or limited access to COVID-19 vaccination sites. Through the efforts of both organizations, we are able to assist those in need by setting up transportation to the Cashman Center vaccination site.
To complete the process, you will need to:
- Determine how many people will be participating in the event.
- For limited English-speaking clients, it is strongly recommended that an accompanying interpreter be present to give language-specific vaccine information and assist individuals with medical information. A trusted community member with vaccine knowledge is ideal. Phone interpreter services will be available for those who request a professional interpreter. Resources for language-specific information may be found on the CDC website.
- Contact Bus Group Supervisor at email@example.com
- SNHD and RTC will coordinate with an agreed upon date, time and exact location for pickup and drop-off.
- A Informational email with directions to make appointments for people participating in the SNHD/RTC Program will be sent out to the community organizer.
- Organizer will make sure all participants have appointments for agreed upon time and date
- Prior to leaving the pickup site, make sure all participants practice social distancing on the bus and have:
- Picture ID
- QR code or appointment code
- RTC will provide the vehicle at an agreed upon time and location and transport participants to the Cashman vaccination site.
- Upon arrival, vaccination staff will enter the vehicle and complete administrative paperwork and administer the Janssen (Johnson & Johnson) covid vaccine.
- Following the final vaccination, the bus will wait 15 minutes to ensure that there are no medical complications before departing to the drop-off site.
If you have any questions, please contact
Bus Group Supervisor